- This event has passed.
CII: Indo-ASEAN Business Summit & Expo
October 7 @ 8:30 am - October 8 @ 6:00 pm
Confederation of Indian Industry, in partnership with Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India is organising the Indo – ASEAN Business Summit and Expo: Act East Policy in the Post Covid World from 7- 8 October 2021, over a virtual Platform.
Since its start about more than a decade ago, the partnership between India and the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) has been developing at quite a fast pace. India’s relationship with ASEAN is a key pillar of our foreign diplomacy and the foundation of India’s Act East Policy. Economic cooperation between the ASEAN countries have been witnessing a dramatic increase over the years. The ASEAN economy is projected to grow by over 5% per year and become the fourth largest economic block in the world by 2050.
CII strongly believes that this is time for India and ASEAN countries to reaffirm India’s Act East Policy for a cohesive, responsive, and prosperous ASEAN- India partnership.
The objective of the Summit is to open opportunities for deepening trade and commerce; paving the way for investments in India and ASEAN countries; promote business collaborations and to deepen the engagement between the industries of the region.
Dr. S Jaishankar, Hon’ble Minister of External Affairs, Government of India has agreed to be the Chief Guest at the Inaugural Session of the Summit on 7 October 2021. Other senior Ministers from India and abroad are also expected to participate in the two-day event.
Mr Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister for Commerce & Industry, Textiles and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has agreed to be the Chief Guest at the Special Plenary with the Trade Ministers of the Region from 1200- 1315 hrs (IST) on 8 October 2021. Trade ministers from the ASEAN Region would also address at this Session.
Some of the prominent speakers at the Summit include:
- Mr T V Narendran, President, CII and CEO & Managing Director, Tata Steel Limited
- Mr Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, CII
- H E Mr Ung Sean, Ambassador of Royal Embassy of Cambodia
- H E Mr Bounneme Chouanghom, Ambassador Embassy of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- H E Mr Moe Kyaw Aung Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar
- H E Mr Ramon S Bagatsing Jr, Ambassador, Embassy of the Philippines
- H E Ms Pattarat Hongtong, Ambassador Royal Thai Embassy
- H E Mr Manoj Bharti , Indian Ambassador to Indonesia
- H E Mr Dinkar Asthana, Indian Ambassador to Lao PDR
- H E Mr Saurabh Kumar, Indian Ambassador to Myanmar
- H E Mr Shambhu S Kumaran , Indian Ambassador to Philippines
- H E Mr P Kumaran, High Commissioner of India to Singapore
- H E Ms Suchitra Durai, Indian Ambassador to Thailand
- H E Mr Pranay Verma, Indian Ambassador to Vietnam
- H E Mr Ajaneesh Kumar, Indian High Commissioner to Brunei
- H E Mr Jayant Khobragade , Indian Ambassador to ASEAN
This Summit is also a great opportunity to display your company’s products and services and showcase to various International and Domestic participants from the Indo Asean Region. The Exhibition will be held on CII HIVE for a period of 30 days with a host of options to display various products and services offering, on real time basis. People from across the world can visit the exhibition through the day at their convenience.
For participation in the Summit and Exhibition, we would request you to register participation by clicking on the flyer or visiting this link: